Green Lawn Cemetery
The Green Lawn Cemetery is located in Berthoud, Colorado, at the corner of County Road 1 and Highway 56. The Town facilitates the maintenance and plot sales for the cemetery. The cemetery was originally purchased by three of the town's early settlers, Davis Baxter, Lewis Cross, and John Kerr. The Town of Berthoud has operated the Green Lawn Cemetery since June of 1905.
Plot Availability and Sales
Plots are currently available to purchase in the north portion of the cemetery. Please view the Available Plot Map to view plot availability. Additional information is available below by opening each drop-down tab. To verify availability of specific lot(s), please contact us.
To view an overall map of the cemetery, please see the Green Lawn Cemetery Map. For more information or to purchase a plot, please contact us or use our online fillable owner certificate information form Owner Certificate information.
Cemetery Plot Information
The cemetery has plots available to purchase within the north portion of the cemetery. Please see the Available Plot Map to view plot availability. Flat markers are permitted in the north portion of the cemetery. Upright markers are only permitted in the south portion of the cemetery.
Full plots can accommodate each of the following types of burials:
- Full body
- Full body and up to two cremated remains vaults
- Up to three cremated remains vaults
Half plots can accommodate one cremated remains vault or an infant burial. Half plots may not be combined for a full plot burial.
Cemetery Plot Fees
|Full Plot - Resident
|Full Plot - Non-Resident
|Half Plot - Resident
|Half Plot - Non-Resident
|Interment - South
|Interment - North
|Interment - Half Plot
|Interment - Cremains in Plot
Restrictions - North Portion of Cemetery
- Memorabilia may be placed in the north portion of the cemetery from October 1st to March 31st.
- Memorabilia can be placed three days before through the third day after Memorial Day.
- The Town not responsible for returning any items left beyond three days after Memorial Day or anything left after March 31st.
- Fresh Flowers can be placed on a gravesite if they can be swept in the grass and mowed over.
- No permanent memorabilia, plantings, artificial flowers, potted plants, statues, or vases are allowed in the north portion of the cemetery.
Columbarium Niche Information
The Green Lawn Cemetery has two columbarium memorials, each with twenty-four niche spaces. A columbarium niche provides for the permanent placement of cremated remains. Each niche can accommodate up to two cremated remains urns. Please contact us for niche size restrictions.
|Niche - Non-Resident
|Interment - Cremains in Niche
|Please Contact Us
Memorial Services may be scheduled during the following times:
- Weekdays (Monday through Friday)
Hours: 8 am to 2:30 pm
- Saturday Service is an additional charge of $800 to have service this day
- Hours for Saturday: 8 am to Noon
- There are no evening services (anything past 2:30 pm), Sunday, Holidays or the day a Holiday is Observed.
- May we plant flowers?
Flowers may be planted in the south portion of the cemetery. Due to maintenance operations, plantings are not permitted within the north portion of the cemetery.
- Is a burial vault required?
Yes, vaults are required for any in-ground burials.
- How many cremains may be placed in one plot?
Up to two cremains vaults may be interred in a plot with an existing full body burial.
Up to three cremains vaults can be interred in a plot without a full body burial.
One cremains vault may be interred in a half plot.
- Do you offer a payment plan?
No, we do not offer a payment plan. Plots must be paid in full at time of purchase.
- Are there interment fees for burials?
Yes, there are interment fees for all burials. Please see the plot and niche information on the Greenlawn Cemetery Page.
- Can I sell plots that I own?
Private sales of plots are permitted. Proof of ownership and a Cemetery Deed Transfer Form between the seller and the buyer must be provided at the time of transfer. A new deed must be issued in the buyers name to complete the sale and transfer of ownership. Please contact us to complete the transfer.
- Does the cemetery provide funeral service accommodations?
Greenlawn Cemetery does not provide funeral service accommodations. Please contact your funeral home for guidance and cost of service.