How To Pay My Bill
Utility bills are due the 25th of each month.
GO Paperless and Pay Bills Online with Xpress Bill Pay.
Our Billing department is excited to offer residents this simple, secure, eco-friendly way to pay utility bills online -- plus it's quicker than writing and mailing paper checks.
How It Works
- Sign up using your web browser or the Xpress Bill Phone App to create your online utility account, or login as a guest. You will receive a secure password to setup your personal account.
- Now Log-in to your account or Set up your Phone to Pay by Text to view and pay your bill online. You will need your account number to make payment.
- Select a payment type — credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer — enter the requested information, and you’re done!
Using our online payment system allows you access to your utility bill online, make one-time or recurring automatic payments , and receive monthly email or text reminders.
For assistance call 970-532-2643 or email email@example.com. The Utility Billing Clerk administers customer account setup and closing, meter reading verification, and billing.
Please note that utility bills are due on or before the due date shown on the bill. Any payments not received by noon on the last business day of the month are subject to a $10 late fee.
Typical residential inside Town limits rates
Need to pay your bill on the move?
Download Xpress Bill Pay on your iOS or Android device to access many account features from your mobile device. Many of the same powerful features found on the website are available through the mobile app.
- Xpress Bill Phone App Instructions (English Version)
- Xpress Bill Phone App Instructions (Spanish Version)
The app is another example of the Town's efforts to simplify processes and remain at the forefront of technological innovation, making it easier and faster to engage with your local government.
The Xpress Bill Pay app allows users to pay utility bills in real time; pay with a credit card or checking account; sign-up for paperless billing; enroll in auto-pay to avoid missing payments; update payment information; view billing and payment history; and receive up-to-the-minute account alerts.
Pay Online, it's fast, secure and eco-friendly
- Pay by mailing your check:
Town of Berthoud-Utility Payment, P.O. Box 1229, Berthoud, CO 80513.
Please write your account number on your check.
- Pay in Person (check, cash, money order, or credit card):
Berthoud Town Hall, 807 Mountain Avenue
Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
or drop payment into our After-hours drop off box
- Pay by Phone (debit card or credit card):
Call Utility Billing Clerk at 970-532-2643, option 1
Between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday
Past Due Accounts
- Shut Off Notice: Any balance carried over from the prior month, not paid by the 15th day of the current month, will automatically generate a Shut Off Notice. To avoid having your services shut off, pay your bill by the date and time indicated on the Shut Off Notice.
- Discontinuation of Service: Your utility services will be shut off if you do not pay your bill. A $30 notification fee will be charged to all past due accounts over two months. Services will be restored after fees and overdue charges are paid.
- Payment Extension: If you need to make payment arrangements, call Town Hall at 970-532-2643. Make your arrangements prior to the bill due date.
- The Town charges a $25 fee for a returned check, which will be billed to your account. If a check is returned on a delinquent account, services will be discontinued immediately until cash or money order payment is made.