- Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Town of Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee was formed in 2002 for the following purposes:
- Adopt criteria for review of historic resources and for review of proposals to demolish designed resources.
- Review resources nominated for designation as either a historic structure or historic district and designate those resources qualifying for such designation.
- Review and make decisions on any application for alterations to the exterior of designated historic structures or historic districts.
- Review and make decisions on any application for moving or demolishing a historic structure.
- Advise and assist owners of historic properties on physical and financial aspects of preservation, renovation, rehabilitation, and reuse, including nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Develop and assist in public education programs including, but not limited to, walking tours, brochures, marker programs for historic properties, lectures and conferences.
- Conduct surveys of historic properties for the purpose of defining those of historic significance, and to prioritize the importance of identified historic properties and areas.
- Provide expert recommendations to the Board of Trustees on matters related to preserving the historic character of the Town.
- Actively pursue financial assistance for preservation-related programs.
- Remove properties from the register for reasons the HPC deems appropriate including, but not limited to, acts of God, undue hardship and public health/safety concerns.
- Establish and collect an application fee for applications made by citizens applying for historic designation or who are applying to alter or demolish a historically designated property.
Serve on the Committee
If you are interested in serving on the Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee, please download the Advisory Application Form and submit a completed application to the Town of Berthoud for consideration. Further instructions are included on the application.
List of the Local Historic Landmark status granted by the Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
|Property Name||Address ||Year Landmarked ||Historic District|
|Property Name||Address||Year Landmarked||Historic District|
|August Johnson House||500 1st Street||2006||N/A|
|Arndt House||706 7th Street||2017||N/A|
|Berthoud National Bank||310 Mountain Avenue||20078||Berthoud Commercial|
|Bimson Blacksmith Shop||224 Mountain||N/A||N/A|
|C.P. Thompson Home||717 6th Street||2019||N/A|
|Carlson Building||226 Mountain Avenue||N/A||N/A|
|Chalmon Wray House||548 Mountain||2007||N/A|
|Chamber of Commerce Building||307/309/311 Mountain||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|City Star Barn - Jefferes Garage||321 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Colorado and Southern Depot||600 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Culp House||733 5th Street||2016||N/A|
|Dr. J.B. Clymer House||400 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Dunbar and Dunbar Variety Store||535 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Edumndson House||647 6th Street||2014||N/A|
|Elevated Water Tank||424 Larimer County Road 10E||2006||N/A|
|F.I. Davis House||549 N 4th Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|First National Bank of Berthoud Building||328 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|First United Brethren Church||500 4th Street||2001||N/A|
|First United Brethren Office Building||344 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Garvin's Grocery||527 N 4th Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|German Congressional Church||730 6th Street||2019||N/A|
|Gustav and Annie Swanson Farm||1932 1st Street||N/A||N/A|
|John Bell House||633 6th Street||2019||N/A|
|Kee and Lyon Building||333 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|L.H. Kelly House||541 N 4th Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Masonic Building||349 Massachusetts Avenue||2003||Berthoud Commercial|
|McCarthy Medical Office Building||338 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|McCarty-Fickel House||645 7th Street||2007||N/A|
|McCormick Brunner Cottage||631 5th Street||2017||N/A|
|Moon Theatre||342 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Munson and Hubbell Mercantile||565 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Odd Fellows Building||335 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Stranahan and Schreiner Building||425 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||N/A|
|Turner House||348 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|Ullery House||648 Welch||2017||N/A|
|Zoller's Shoe Shop||315 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||429/435 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||525 3rd Street||20078||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||543 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||603 3rd Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||521 N 4th Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||526 4th Street||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||428 Massachusetts Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||316 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||330 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||340 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||349 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||357 Mountain Avenue||2008||Berthoud Commercial|
|N/A||645 Turner Avenue||N/A||N/A|