Liquor Licensing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Berthoud Licensing Authority

On this page you will find information related to liquor licensing and the requirements of the Berthoud Licensing Authority and the State of Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division.  Colorado liquor and beer retail licenses are issued by both the Town of Berthoud and State licensing authorities.

Liquor License Applications and Related Documents

All Special Event Permit Applicants must complete the Berthoud Special Events Form in addition to the State form.  

 Liquor License Classes

  • Art Gallery Permit
  • 3.2 Percent Beer License
  • Arts Liquor License
  • Bed and Breakfast Permit
  • Beer and Wine
  • Brew Pub
  • Club
  • Hotel & Restaurant
  • Hotel & Restaurant w/ Optional Premises
  • Liquor Licensed Drug Store
  • Lodging and Entertainment
  • Retail Liquor Store
  • Tavern
  • Vinter’s Restaurant License

Public Hearings

Public hearings are required before obtaining a new liquor license, a transfer of location, or a modification to building premises.  Public hearings are held following the regularly schedule Municipal Court.  Please click here to view the Municipal Court schedule. 


All documents for renewal, including Colorado State applications, must be submitted to the Town of Berthoud for approval and processing. Click here for a blank renewal form. 

Please see the following form if your license has been expired for more than 90 days, but less than 180 days. Colorado Form DR8407

No paperwork should be sent directly to the State of Colorado.  All applications should be submitted to the Berthoud Licensing Authority for Local Approval.