The Parks, Open Space, Recreation and Trails (P.O.R.T.) Advisory committee advises and provides recommendations to the Town staff regarding development and utilization of parks and recreation amenities. This includes providing input on areas to be preserved as open space, establishment of bike ways and trail systems, identification new areas for parks, completion and updating of the parks master plan, current park upgrades, and suggesting options for park and open space utilization.
The P.O.R.T Committee consists of 7 members, appointed by the Board of Trustees, each either a Berthoud Resident or with substantial ties to the Berthoud Community. The Community Development Director and Parks Director shall be Ex Officio members.
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM in Berthoud Town Hall, 807 Mountain Ave.
In 2016 a temporary citizen committee was formed to provide initial input on the P.O.R.T. requirements. This large committee was broken into 3 subcommittees to focus on key aspects of citizen input.
Their original work is found here.
Recent PORT Committee Minutes and Agenda
- Reference Documents
- 2018.09.05 Agenda PORT Committee Meeting
- 2018.07.09 PORT Committee Minutes
- 2018.08.15 PORT Committee Meeting Agenda
- PORT Agenda July 9, 2018
- PORT Agenda 2018.06.06
- PORT Agenda 2018.05.02
- PORT Agenda 2018.04.04
- PORT Minutes 2018-03-07
- PORT Committee Meeting Minutes February 7 2018
- PORT Committee Agenda March 7 2018
- PORT Committee Agenda February 7 2018 and Minutes
- PORT Meeting Minutes October 4, 2017
- PORT Meeting Minutes January 3 2018
- PORT Committee Agenda January 3, 2018
- PORT Committee Agenda Plan August 2 2017
- PORT Committee Agenda Plan July 24 2017
- PORT Committee Agenda Plan June 07 2017
- PORT Committee Agenda August 30 2017
- PORT Committee Agenda July 24 2017