The Town of Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee was formed in 2002 for the following purposes:
- Adopt criteria for review of historic resources and for review of proposals to demolish designed resources.
- Review resources nominated for designation as either a historic structure or historic district and designate those resources qualifying for such designation.
- Review and make decisions on any application for alterations to the exterior of designated historic structures or historic districts.
- Review and make decisions on any application for moving or demolishing a historic structure.
- Advise and assist owners of historic properties on physical and financial aspects of preservation, renovation, rehabilitation, and reuse, including nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Develop and assist in public education programs including, but not limited to, walking tours, brochures, marker programs for historic properties, lectures and conferences.
- Conduct surveys of historic properties for the purpose of defining those of historic significance, and to prioritize the importance of identified historic properties and areas.
- Provide expert recommendations to the Board of Trustees on matters related to preserving the historic character of the Town.
- Actively pursue financial assistance for preservation-related programs.
- Remove properties from the register for reasons the HPC deems appropriate including, but not limited to, acts of God, undue hardship and public health/safety concerns.
- Establish and collect an application fee for applications made by citizens applying for historic designation or who are applying to alter or demolish a historically designated property.
|Helen Scavone - Chair
|Doug Carlander - Vice Chair
|Cheryl Szydlo - Secretary||2021|
|Jeff Hindman||Board Liaison|
|Curt Freese, Community Development Director||Staff Rep|
|Adam Olinger, Planner I||Staff Rep|
The Historic Preservation Committee meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall.
If you are interested in serving on the Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee, please download the Advisory Committee Application and submit a completed application to the Town of Berthoud for consideration. Further instructions are included on the application.
Curt Freese, AICP - Community Development Director
Adam Olinger - Planner I