The Berthoud Community Development Department strives to create partnerships with elected officials, public agencies, the development and business community, and citizens to contribute toward shaping Berthoud as a community of choice. To this end, the mission of the Community Development Department is to:
- Plan for the needs of the community and to create a vision for the future that will enhance the quality of life.
- Provide technical and professional expertise for understanding and addressing key community issues and priorities.
- Focus on a long-term commitment to economic vitality, environmental integrity and high quality design and development.
- Pursue a customer-service driven approach.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality services in long-range and current-planning, building plan review, permitting, inspections, and Historic Preservation support.
The Community Development Department is made up of two primary functional areas: Building Division and Planning Division. Community Development also overseas two of the Town’s advisory commissions: The Planning Commission and the Historic Preservation Advisory Committee.
Overall the Community Development Department is responsible for overseeing how Berthoud will grow, assuring that any construction and development is done to national standards, and that historic buildings and areas of Berthoud are respected and protected.
Department Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday