The Town Manager is an appointed position in the Town of Berthoud. The Town Manager is typically responsible for all of the day-to-day operations of the Town. Their primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of all Town departments and staff, and through department heads;
- Oversight of all hiring, firing, disciplining and suspensions;
- Preparation, monitoring, and execution of the Town budget, which includes submitting each year to the Board a proposed budget with options and recommendations for its consideration and possible approval;
- Main technical adviser to the Board on overall governmental operations;
- Public relations, such as meetings with citizens, citizen groups, businesses, and other stakeholders;
- Operating the Town with a professional understanding of how all Town functions operate together to their best effect;
- Attends all Board meetings, but does not have any voting rights; and
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the Board.
- Responsible for setting Town Board agendas.
Manager members of ICMA are bound by a rather rigid and strongly enforced code of ethics that was originally established in 1924. Since that time the code has been updated and revised on several occasions, the latest taking place in 1998. The updates have taken into account the evolving duties, responsibilities, and expectations of the profession; however, the core dictate of the body of the code – “to integrity; public service; seek no favor; exemplary conduct in both personal and professional matters; respect the role and contributions of elected officials; exercise the independence to do what is right; political neutrality; serve the public equitably and governing body members equally; keep the community informed about local government matters; and support and lead our employees” – have not changed since the first edition.
The Town Administrator can be reached at (970) 532-2643 or by email email@example.com