The Forestry Division is in place to serve the residents of Berthoud to provide a safe and beautiful urban forest. We are responsible for planning and maintenance of trees in parks, trails, natural areas, and town-owned facilities. We are also responsible for code enforcement of trees in the public right-of-way. We would like to remind residents that maintenance and replacement of trees in the right-of-way is the responsibility of the adjacent homeowner.
Important Tree Information for Berthoud Property Owners:
- Tree work must (by ordinance) be done by a licensed tree contractor or by the property owner.
- Elm wood, whether diseased or not, cannot be kept for fuel wood (or anything else) unless the bark has been removed.
- Elm stumps on private property are to be ground out or debarked to ground line.
- Any stumps on public right-of-way (by ordinance) must be removed to 6" below grade.
- Tree limbs should hang no lower than 14 feet over streets and 8 feet over sidewalks.
- Trees, shrubs, hedges, and other plants must be maintained behind inside edges of sidewalks vertically to a minimum of 8 feet.
- Shrubs and hedges on street corners must be maintained less than 30" in height for a minimum of 25 feet both ways from the corner.
Locations to dump tree limbs:
- City of Loveland Recycle Center
400 N. Wilson Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537
(970) 962 - 2529
Open Tuesday - Sunday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
- Larimer County Landfill
5887 S. Taft Hill Road
(970) 498 - 5770.
Open Monday - Saturday, 8am to 4:30pm.
Uncovered loads are charged double.
The Town of Berthoud does not pick up tree limbs from private property.
Forestry Division Contact Information
- Division Contact: Josh Embrey, Town Forester
- Division physical address:
Parks & Recreation
100 10th St.
Berthoud CO, 80521
- Telephone: 970-532-1600
- Fax: 970-532-1601
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org